Van Buren School District Fine Arts Center
The Van Buren School District Fine Arts Center is a 1,500 seat concert hall located on the campus of the Van Buren High School at 2001 Pointer Trail. the theater features state of the art performing arts technology, and is uniquely designed to provide the best environment for all genres of music enjoyment. The center features two art galleries as well, which display both school exhibits and those of professional artists.
The Fine Arts Center provides a venue for school and community activities, hosting the first -class music program offered by the Van Buren School District. The venue also provides space for the Van Buren High School theater department, which produces a full-length musical production and stage play during each school year. In addition, the Fine Arts Center provides a season of professional programming which is open to the public each year. For more information on the entertainment season, visit www.centerforfinearts.org or call 479-471-4017.
The Center For Art & Education
Since 1976, the Center for Art & Education has served the people of the Arkansas River Valley by hosting art and cultural exhibits and events, promoting art education, and providing a venue for local artists. We strive to create art experiences that improve the lives of children and adults through art programs that are presented in schools, in adult centers, in traveling art classes and exhibitions. These events impacted the lives of more than 5,000 residents in 2010.
The art center began with seven local women in the early 1970’s who shared a vision of promoting area artists and of giving the community the opportunity to view a variety of art. During the decade, the organization grew to more than 300 members. In 1979, the late 1800’s house at 423 North 12th Street in Van Buren became the Crawford County Art Association’s first art gallery and studio.
The growth of the association led to the purchase of the old St. Michael’s Catholic Church, located at the corner of 13th and Cherry Street, in September of 1984. This historic, two-story building, originally constructed in 1913, was renovated and dedicated to the public that year at the annual December Open House. In 2003 the Crawford County Art Association became the Center for Art & Education to better reflect the region in which it serves. Its mission to promote artistic experiences for every citizen continues to be its driving force.
Visit www.art-ed.org or call 479-474-7767.